NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Yuba Community College District, pursuant to the authority vested in it by section 87306 of the Government Code, proposes amendment to its conflict of interest code. A comment period has been established commencing on February 11, 2019 and closing on March 27, 2019. All inquiries should be directed to the contact listed below.
The Yuba Community College District proposes to amend its conflict of interest code to include employee positions that involve the making or participation in the making of decisions that may foreseeably have a material effect on any financial interest, as set forth in subdivision (a) of section 87302 of the Government Code. The amendment carries out the purposes of the law and no other alternative would do so and be less burdensome to affected persons.
Changes to the conflict of interest code include: update titles of current positions, add all positions with the title “Assistant Director” with a disclosure category 3 and also makes other technical changes.
The proposed amendment and explanation of the reasons can be obtained from the agency’s contact.
Any interested person may submit written comments relating to the proposed amendment by submitting them no later than March 27, 2019 or at the conclusion of the public hearing, if requested, whichever comes later. At this time, no public hearing is scheduled. A person may request a hearing no later than March 13, 2019.
The Yuba Community College District has determined that the proposed amendments:
- Impose no mandate on local agencies or school districts.
- Impose no costs or savings on any state agency.
- Impose no costs on any local agency or school district that are required to be reimbursed under Part 7 (commencing with Section 17500) of Division 4 of Title 2 of the Government Code.
- Will not result in any nondiscretionary costs or savings to local agencies.
- Will not result in any costs or savings in federal funding to the state.
- Will not have any potential cost impact on private persons, businesses or small businesses.
All inquiries concerning this proposed amendment and any communication required by this notice should be directed to: Chancellor’s Office of the Yuba Community College District, 425 Plumas Blvd., Yuba City, CA 95991, ATTN: Kathryn Wilkins, 530-741-6972, email@example.com.