For over 90 years, the faculty and staff of the Yuba Community College District (YCCD) have continuously demonstrated a commitment to our students, their achievement, and academic success.
To support student learning and provide increased access, YCCD is dedicated to a process of systematic quality improvement. The Integrated Planning Model summarizes the long- and short-term planning that the District engages in to improve the quality of our programs and services.
YCCD Board Policy 3250 – Institutional Planning references this responsibility:
“The Chancellor shall ensure that the District has and implements a broad-based comprehensive, systematic and integrated system of planning that involves appropriate segments of the college community and is supported by institutional effectiveness research.” (BP 3250)
During the 2020-2021 academic year, the District engaged in the work of creating a new YCCD Strategic Plan. The following planning priorities were articulated by the Chancellor and Board of Trustees and guided this work:
- Community Oriented: Focused on our communities’ education, economic, civic/social, and health priorities;
- Future Facing: Anticipating and shaping the future of education, the future of work, and the future of our communities; and will
- Leverage Partnerships: Extend access to a broad array of educational programs through strategic partnerships
As we worked to define and articulate our vision for the future, we engaged in conversations that explored questions that included:
- Who are the college students of 2030? What are their needs?
- What is the future of teaching and learning?
- What does the higher education environment look like post Covid-19
- How will our district fulfill our evolving mission?
- How does YCCD transform the lives of our students and the futures of the communities we serve?
Our goal was to engage our communities in a planning process that was collaborative and future-facing. We are striving to develop an organizational culture that is prepared for the future, and responsive and equitable in serving all students and our communities. Although our most recent Strategic Plan Development cycle is complete, we will continue to engage our internal and external communities to actively co-construct the future we want.
Current Strategic Plan and Vision for Success:
- Strategic Plan Development Timeline: Key Events and Activities (current as of 5/26/2021)
- Data Inputs for Strategic Planning 2030
- DC3 Presentation – 11/3/2020
- Overview of Foresight Practice by Sara Skvirsky from IFTF – 11/3/2020
- YCCD Town Hall – 10/5/2020
- Strategic Planning Survey Results: Mission & Vision – 2/2/2021
- DC3 Mission Statement & Vision Statement Framework and Discussion Presentation – 2/2/2021
- DC3 Jam Board Activity – 2/2/2021
- Invitation and Event Overview
- Yuba College Slide Decks:
- Woodland Community College Slide Decks:
- California – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/6/
- Butte County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06007
- Colusa County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06011
- El Dorado County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06017
- Glenn County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06021
- Lake County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06033
- Mendocino County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06045
- Napa County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06055
- Placer County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06061
- Plumas County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06063
- Sacramento County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06067
- Solano County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06095
- Sutter County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06101
- Yolo County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06113
- Yuba County – https://opportunityindex.org/detail/06115
- Foresight An Introduction – Futures Thinking Reference Guide (Conway)
- NPR, November 16, 2018 – The Future of Learning? Well it’s Personal
- EdSurge March 23, 2020 – COVID-19’s Long-Term Impacts on Education in 2020 and Beyond
- EdSurge March 27, 2020 – How a Pandemic Could Change Higher Education
- EdSurge March 26, 2020 – Four Concerns — and One Cause For Hope — As Coronavirus Closes Community Colleges
- IFTF Future Readiness Playbook: Chapter 1
- IFTF Future Readiness Playbook: Chapter 2
- IFTF Future Readiness Playbook: Chapter 3
- IFTF Future Readiness Playbook: Chapter 4
- Charting New Paths to the Future in California Community Colleges
- Is This the End of College as We Know It?
- Nine Ways College Could Evolve in the Next Decade
- Education’s Evolution
- The New M.B.A.: Flexible, Cheaper and Lifelong
- This College Degree Is Brought to You by Amazon
Data and Reports:
- Cambridge West Partnership, LLC: YCCD High School Yield Analysis
- Center of Excellence: Labor Market Profile for Woodland Community College
- Center of Excellence: Labor Market Profile for Yuba College
- Hanover Research : YCCD Community Needs and Perceptions Report
- YCCD District Office, Colleges and Community Forums – YCCD Theme Analysis and Report