The Yuba Community College District is soliciting applications to serve as an appointed member of the Board of Trustees until the next regularly scheduled election for governing board members, which is November 2022.
The Board is responsible for the performance of Woodland Community College and Yuba College, which serve 13,000 students and provide vital educational services for the communities in the region.
The board is seeking candidates who have the ability and time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a member of the board, which include:
- Participate fully in the work of the board, which includes attending all board meetings and key college events, studying and discussing policy issues, and participating in trustee education programs.
- Be knowledgeable about the communities served by the District and be willing to act on behalf and for the benefit of those communities.
- Be committed to community colleges and their missions; understand educational, social, and economic policy issues.
- Engage in balancing the needs of many diverse groups; be able to contribute and build consensus.
- Contribute to effective board functioning and support the authority of the board as a whole.
A person is eligible to be a member of the governing board if they are:
- At least 18 years of age;
- A California citizen and registered voter;
- A resident of the community college district and trustee area from which elected; and
- Not disqualified by other laws to hold public office.
The Board of Trustees meets on the second Thursday of each month at 5:00 PM. Regularly scheduled monthly board meetings are held at the YCCD District Office in Yuba City.
Applications are due no later than March 10, 2022. The board will consider candidates and make the provisional appointment on March 28, 2022.
Please contact the Chancellor’s Office at (530) 741-6972 or email@example.com for an application packet.