NOTICE OF VACANCY AND PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT
TO BOARD OF TRUSTEES
—– Notice of Vacancy and Provisional Appointment To Board of Trustees —–
The Yuba Community College District is soliciting applications to serve as an appointed member of the Board of Trustees, Trustee Area 3, until the next regularly scheduled election for governing board members, which is November 5, 2024.
The Board is responsible for the performance of Woodland Community College and Yuba College, which serve 13,000 students and provide vital educational services for the communities in the region.
The board is seeking candidates who have the ability and time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a member of the board, which include:
- Participate fully in the work of the board, which includes attending all board meetings and key college events, studying and discussing policy issues, and participating in trustee education programs.
- Be knowledgeable about the communities the District serves and be willing to act on behalf and for
the benefit of those communities.
- Be committed to community colleges and their missions; understand educational, social, and economic policy issues.
- Engage in balancing the needs of many diverse groups; be able to contribute and build consensus.
- Contribute to effective board functioning and support the authority of the board as a whole.
A person is eligible to be a member of the governing board if he or she is:
- At least 18 years of age;
- A California citizen;
- Resident of and registered voter for the community college district and trustee area from which elected; and
- Not disqualified by any laws from holding public office.
The Board of Trustees meets the second Thursday of each month at 3:00 PM. Regularly scheduled monthly board meetings are held at the various YCCD college campus locations.
Application materials include the following:
- A letter of interest address to the president of the Board of Trustees
- A resume, including community service and leadership
- A completed application questionnaire – Trustee Area 3 Application & Written Question
Applications are due no later than December 30, 2022. The board will consider candidates and make the provisional appointment on January 25, 2023 at a Special Board meeting.
Please contact the Chancellor’s Office at (530) 741-6972 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or additional information.